8 Tips to Naturally Help an Injury
When an injury occurs, the first thing we try to determine is how serious it is. We then look for ways to minimize damage and promote healing and pain reduction. The main things you must consider immediately after injury are listed below.
Many sports teams use the R.I.C.E form of therapy:
- Rest – Anytime there is an injury, the body needs time to heal. If you have a lower limb injury, keep your feet up and allow them to heal. Minimize walking and activities that will aggravate the acute injury. The important thing is to minimize further damage and to let the area heal.
- Ice – If the injury is inflamed, consider using ice to keep the muscle comfortable and stop it from swelling. The ice can also numb the pain that you may be feeling in that area. Heat is not a good idea for inflammation, because it can promote swelling in that region.
- Compression – This type of therapy will support the injury and minimize swelling. Keeping the area compressed is a great way to heal the injury and ensure that the inflammation is contained.
- Elevation – Keep the injured area above the heart, to reduce swelling. If the injured area is your head, prop your head up with pillows. Take the time to kick back and relax and stay elevated.
There are also all-natural treatments that can be used to increase the healing time for the acute injury. The use of these products can help you improve your acute injury in no time at all.
- Metagenics Acute Phase – Acute Phase promotes healing, combats pain, and promotes muscle repair. The ingredients are all-natural and can combat this part of the acute pain process.
- Stone Age Wellness Relax Already – Relax Already is all-natural and it can help reduce stress and anxiety, which promotes the healing process. This remedy also relaxes muscles very quickly and then promotes restful sleep.
- Relief Already – This topical pain relief gel can be used after the acute phase is over and you are working on the healing phase. The non-chemical warming sensation is great at reducing muscle soreness, arthritis, tension, and inflammation. The topical analgesic has an aloe vera based and has a wonderful aroma.
- Thorne Research Phytoprofen – Natural relief from inflammation can be achieved by this high quality supplement called Phytoprofen. The herbs and botanicals can help with bruise healing and can reduce swelling and pain. This supplement helps to promote healing and to prevent connective tissue breakdown.
Acute injury can be very critical and if not treated properly, it can cause permanent injury that can last a lifetime. Treating the injury quickly and naturally is the best way to ensure that it heals properly, quickly, and with less pain than is necessary. Many doctors will prescribe pain medication that can become addictive, whereas the natural remedies mentioned here are non-habit forming and have no side effects. Consider these options when you or a close family member suffers from acute injury and are in need of quick healing that reduces pain and inflammation.