How to Help Back Pain Naturally
Back pain is a problem for many and you don’t realize how much you need your back until it is out of order. Your back is the support for your entire body and when you walk it is where most of your strength is derived from. We work our backs very hard on a daily basis and if we don’t provide relief and adequate rest, we may just cause more harm than good.
What can you do for Back Relief?
- Keep Moving – Even if your back goes out, try to limit the amount of time you spend in your bed. Try to slowly keep moving to help loosen up stressed and tense muscles. Staying active will lessen the severity of the pain in your back in comparison to those that stay in bed.
- Exercise – Along with moving, exercise. Even if it is a little bit at a time, walking can be extremely beneficial and puts the body in a neutral and upright position. Keep your activity up and your back protected. Remember to stay away from very strenuous activities that can put a strain on your back and the muscles that surround them.
- Strengthen your Core – People tend to think of back exercises for strengthening. However, they forget that your core is very important to the health of your back. Strengthening the abdominal muscles can reduce the strain on the lower back. If your abdominal muscles are weak, the rest of your body has to take up the slack.
- Eat Well – Many times there are back problems related to carrying of excess weight. Trying to eat a healthy and balanced diet can keep unwanted weight off of your body. If you are overweight, your body will have to compensate and work harder to carry itself around.
- Supplements – There are a variety of supplements out there that can provide natural relief for back pain. One top supplement recommended by chiropractors is called Relax Already by Stone Age Wellness. This product contains lemon balm, cramp bark, chamomile flower, valerian root, and passion flower. This product is known as a natural muscle relaxant that provides relief from insomnia as well. It can also help with stress and anxiety. The best part is that the product is all-natural, non-habit forming, and it does not interact with prescribed medications.
- See a Specialist – Our office, the Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol, is available to provide a consultation and determine what adjustments can be made to provide back relief. Dr. David Spitz will make an assessment and provide a course of action for back relief. He is skilled in assessing the best way to improve the health of your back. To make an appointment, call his office at 860-583-4346 or fill out our online form here.
Back pain is something that can put a damper on your everyday life. Without proper care for your back, it may be in danger. By eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, seeing a chiropractor, and supplementation, your back can maintain its strength and health naturally.