Who to See After a Car Accident
If you have been injured in a car accident in Bristol, CT or the surrounding communities, such as New Britain, Southington, Plainville, Burlington or Farmington? We specialize in helping you recover from whiplash, or other auto related injuries. Being hurt in a car accident is scary; the last thing you need is to go to a doctor or chiropractor that does not specialize in treating the varied injuries that can occur following the accident. When you are looking for a chiropractor in Bristol to help you with pain following a car crash, you’ve come to the right place. What most of our patients say about us, besides feeling better after treatment, is that they are so happy that we care.
Get Seen Right Away!
We know that when you injured in a car accident and have a lot of pain, you want to be seen right away. In most cases we can usually see you the SAME DAY you call us. We will work through our lunch break if that’s the only time we have available. You are our number 1 concern. Call us at 860-583-4346.
Drs. David Spitz & Astrid Baldrich Have a Combined 40 Years Treating Auto Injuries
The biomechanics of an auto accident injury vary depending on many factors. In addition, the injuries sustained in an automobile accident depend on several factors such as; size of occupant, awareness of impending collision, whether seat belted or not, direction head was facing, and many more variables. For this reason, to accurately diagnose the musculoskeletal injuries sustained in a car accident requires a doctor with many years of treating auto injuries. In addition to his training as a chiropractic physician, Dr David M. Spitz, a chiropractor in Bristol CT was trained in a 3 year post-graduate neurology program, was an Intermediate-Level EMT volunteer.
We know when you’re in pain, you might also be very emotional. Drs. Spitz and Baldrich really care about their patients; you’ll know it on the first visit.
Car Accidents and Chiropractors
Why Chiropractic Care for an Auto Injury?
When a person is injured in a car accident due to the enormous forces of the accident, muscle spasm and muscle splinting may develop unequally on either side of the spine because these forces are generally not equal.
Because of the spinal misalignments, abnormal spinal biomechanics, and a reduction the normal range of motion of the spine can occur. The area most affected is usually the cervical spine, or neck. These spinal misalignment’s need to be evaluated by a qualified chiropractor and then treated with gentle chiropractic manipulation or occasionally, as needed, with gentle low force instrument assisted manipulation.
The Examination and Treatment
One of our Bristol Chiropractic staff will take a detailed history of your auto accident. Then, one of our doctors will examine you to determine the proper diagnosis and treatment plan. Depending on your injuries, various treatment modalities will be used to attain relief and ultimately correction of your condition. In the rare event that you are left with an impairment, our doctors are fully capable of providing an impairment rating if needed.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, medical professionals will treat any acute injuries they visualize. Most hospitals will take x-rays to determine if there are any broken bones or serious internal injuries. Once you are checked out and cleared, you may feel as if everything is okay. However, there is often pain that creeps up over several days following a car accident.
Here are some suggestions you may want to try following a car accident:
- Drink fluids – Drink plenty of fluids and go home and rest after a car accident. Vitamin C should also be consumed to reduce inflammation and help with tissue repair from the damage the car accident created.
- Ice – Using ice on the injured areas can also be a way to provide a reduction in inflammation and pain. This will help keep your muscles from causing inflammatory responses that can cause even more pain.
- Supplements – There are a variety of natural supplements that we use in the office that can help ease the pain and spasm associated with pain due to a car accident.
- Massage – Getting a massage after the main pain has decreased may be a way to get some relief. Massage releases the strain the muscles that occurred when the accident occurred and the body was trying to protect itself from damage.
- Chiropractor – We recommend you see one of our chiropractors as soon as you can following an auto accident for a professional consultation. The doctor will assess your body and the pain you are experiencing and make a customized plan to help minimize discomfort. This plan may include exercises, manipulations, supplements, and even x-rays or an MRI. The plan will address your daily activities and will assess the differences in your pain before and after the car accident. The number of visits you may need vary between patients and will just depend on how your body reacts to the plan. Chiropractors can help with normalizing the biomechanics of the spine to help to full range of motion in joints and a reduction of pain.
Staying active after the accident, but not performing manual labor, is a way to keep exercising your joints and helping release the tension in the body.
Drs. David Spitz and Astrid Baldrich are chiropractors in the Bristol, Connecticut area that specialize in treating auto injuries. Our staff and doctors are dedicated to helping you reduce your pain, improve your range of motion and thereby improve your quality of life.